This is a classic Apple Pie Recipe. I been wanting to do a real Pie for a long long time before i stumble upon this recipe. Its my first time making a Pie from scratch but it will not be the last.
225g Plain Flour
85g Castor Sugar
Zest of 1 Lemon
2 Egg Yolks
Pinch of Saly
Small knob of Butter
4 Green Apples
1 Red Apple
3 tbsp Brown sugar (I use Muscovado)
Zest of 1 Lemon
50g of Raisins
1 Egg Yolk
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 Degrees
2. Combine the Flour, Butter, Sugar and Lemon Zest to form a dry dough
3. Add in Salt, Egg Yolks and few drops of Water to knead into a Pie Dough
4. Divide the Dough into 2. Roll 1 of the dough into a round shape of about 21 - 22 cm diameter
5. Lay the dough into a buttered 20cm Pie Pan/Dish, gently push the dough down to form the base of the Pie.
6. Store the Pie Pan/Dish (covered with layer of foil) into the fridge while we prepare the filling.
7. Cut up the Apples into 8 pieces each.
8. In a non-stick pan, toss in Apples with Sugar, Lemon Zest and Raisins and a tbsp of Water.
9. Simmer under low heat for 5 mins and Apples are well infused with the Sugar.
10. Take it off the flame and cool down completely.
11. Remove the Pie Pan/Dish from the fridge, remove the foil and arrange in the Apples Filling
12. Roll the other 1 of the dough( Big enough to cover the top of the Pie Pan/Dish)
13. Lay the Dough over the Pie Pan/Dish and using a fork, make few punctures on the surface (Allow steam to come out)
14. Do a Egg wash for the surface
15. Pop it into the Oven for 50 mins.
16. Enjoy Your Apple Pie!