10 large prawns
1 can of beer 330ml
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp wolfberries, soaked
1 bunch cilantro, stem and leaves separated
Ginger slices, enough to line steaming dish
1. Trim the head and tail end of the prawns. Make a small incision towards the back of the prawn and use a tooth pick to pull out the veins at the back.
2. Soak deveined prawns in a bowl of water with 1 tsp salt. After 10 minutes, drain and rinse the prawns.
3. Line steaming plate with sliced ginger and stem of cilantro. Arrange prawns one layer on top of ginger. Pour enough beer to submerge the prawns partially.
4. Add in wolfberries.
5. Prepare steamer. When water in steamer is boiling, steam the plate of prawns at high heat for about 4 minutes, or until the prawns turned fully orange. Do not over-cook.
6. Garnish with cilantro leaves.