I love cookies, just that i haven't found any recipe that's so easy to make. This is such a fool-proof recipe, i think even a 5 year old can bake. If you do not like Cinnamon, just omit it from the recipe! If you like other spice, feel free to replace with same quantity of your favourite spice. (You may even want to add savoury herbs like Rosemary)
225g butter, softened
110g caster sugar
275g plain flour
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C
2. Cream the butter in a large bowl until soft.
3. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Sift in the flour and cinnamon and form a dough.
5. Using your hands, roll the dough into balls and place them slightly apart on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 14 minutes.