1 Pkt Fettuccine (454 g)
3 to 4 Anchovy fillets, chopped
2 Cups of Shiraz
1/2 Cup freshly grated cheese
Small bunch of Italian parsley, finely chopped
4 Tbps extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Salt to season
1. Bring salted water to boil in a large pot. Add Fettuccine and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, pasta should still be a little firm in the middle (just before pasta is al dente).
2. In a saucepan, heat extra virgin olive oil. Add garlic, anchovy fillets and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add Fettuccine to the pan and toss well.
4. Pour in red wine and cook until it has reduced and Fettuccine has finished cooking.
5. Add freshly chopped parsley and grated cheese to pasta and toss well.