500gm chicken drumsticks, cut up and marinated with ¾ tsp salt
3 stalks Leeks (white and green parts separated, sliced)
50gm ginger (peeled and smashed)
1 ½ cups water
1. Heat wok and put 1 Tbsp cooking oil. Saute ginger and leek (white parts) until fragrant and slightly golden. Dish up.
2. Put in another 2 tbsp oil and wait until wok is very hot, put in marinated chicken and fry until meat is slightly browned.
3. Put in cooked leeks and ginger and continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes.
4. Put in water, enough to cover over chicken.
5. Put on wok lid and let it simmer on medium heat for 20-30minutes, until meat is tender and leeks have melted away.
6. Remove lid and let gravy reduce. Put in green parts of leek. Taste, if not salty enough, add salt.