(recipe: largely adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover aka Sonia )
240g hot water
90g coarse sugar (As recommended by Sonia)
¼ tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp white vinegar
1 Pkt frozen square puff pastry, thawed
1. Dissolve sugar in hot water, set aside to cool.
2. Break eggs in a mixing bowl, lightly stir.
3. Add in syrup (no 1), vanilla extract and vinegar, lightly stir well to combine.
4. Sift twice, set aside.
5. Trim off about 1cm puff pastry (optional, you may use the whole piece), arrange in a 12 holes muffin pan.
6. Pour egg custard filling in the puff pastry case, about 90% full.
7. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for 35mins or till golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and leave to cool.