1 purple eggplant, cubed
2 zucchinis, cubed
1 onion, quartered
1 carrot, cut to bite size pieces
2 stalk celery, cut to bite size pieces
3 cloves garlic, chopped
200g tomatoes, peeled and cubed
100g tomato puree
50 to 100ml dry red wine*
1 sprig rosemary
1 sprig thyme
1 sprig Parsley
3tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottom pan. Add the eggplant and cook until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
2. In the same pan, cook the zucchinis the same way. Remove and set aside.
3. In the same pan, cook the onion until aroma. Add carrot and celery and cook until tender, add garlic, eggplant, zucchini, tomato and tomato puree.
4. Add rosemary and thyme leaves to the ratatouille. Simmer over low heat for 1hour. Stir from time to time. Add in red wine to simmer to the consistency you like (*Optional but it brings more flavour)
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.