3 Large Tomatoes, chopped
1 Stalk Celery, chopped
2 Carrots, chopped
1 Onion, Chopped
2 Cloves garlic, Chopped
1 Can Whole Tomatoes (411g size)
500ml Vegetable or Chicken stock
Handful Basil Leaves
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper
1. Heat up a pot, add in oil, follow by garlic, onion, carrots and celery
2. Cook for around 10 minutes until the carrots have softened but are still holding their shape, and the onion is lightly golden.
3. Add in stock and both fresh and can tomatoes.
4. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Off the heat and add in basil.
6. Using a blender, blend all into a thick soup and season with salt and pepper.