1 Squid, Cut into rings
10 Tiger Prawns, De-shelled
1 yellow onion, cut into rings
Sambal Sauce (See Below)
1. Heat up wok, add in 2 Tbsp Oil
2. Stir fry the onions till soft
3. Add in the squid and prawns, stir fry till almost cooked
4. Add in 2 Tbsp water
5. Add in enough sambal sauce to coat the seafood
1 cup chopped red chiles, with seeds
2 Tbsp white sugar
2 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp belacan shrimp paste
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 bulb garlic, peeled and crushed
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 lemongrass, bruised
2 fresh curry leaves
1 (1/2 inch) piece galangal, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp tamarind juice
1. Place chillies, sugar, salt, shrimp paste, tomato, onion, garlic, and lime juice into a blender, and blend until smooth.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the puree along with the lemongrass, curry leaves, and galangal.
3. Cook and stir until the mixture changes color and becomes very fragrant, about 15 minutes.
4. Stir in the tamarind juice, and cook for 1 minute more. Strain before serving.