1 pc of pork belly approx 400g to 600g (do not cut into thin strip)
1 Tbsp salt (I used fine sea salt)
1 Tbsp white pepper
1 Tbsp five-spice powder
1. Clean the pork belly and pat dry all over with kitchen paper towel.
2. Score the meat about 1cm apart both diagonally and horizontally (do not score the skin).
3. Prick all over the skin. Prick as much holes as possible.
4. Rub skin and meat with salt all over.
5. Mix white pepper and five-spice powder and rub into the meat including the scored areas (do not rub on the skin).
6. Leave the pork belly in fridge uncovered, skin side up, for a few hours. This is to dry up the skin, so that it will become crispy after baking.
7. Take out pork belly 30 mins to 1 hour before baking to thaw in room temperature. Put the pork belly on a grill with skin side up
8. Bake in an oven using grill mode (Upper only), for 45 minutes.