6 strips of streaky bacon
1 pkt 500g Spaghetti
3 large eggs
3/4 cup of Aged Cheddar (shredded or grated)
1/4 cup of Pecorino Romano (shredded or grated)
1 Sprig Parsley, chopped
2 small or 1 large Onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut up your bacon strips into 1 inch strips. Sweat onions till soft and add garlic, bacon. Remove once bacon are brown and crispy.
2. Cook the spaghetti according to instructions.
3. While the spaghetti cooks, mix together the eggs, cheese and parsley. Set this to the side while the pasta cooks.
4. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse it.
5. Quickly add the hot pasta to the egg-cheese mixture and mix together. This will cook the egg.
6. Add the bacon, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with cheese.
7. Serve immediately.