450g chicken parts, cut to small pieces
1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp Chinese wine (Hua Tiao/Shao Hsing)
1 tsp dark soy sauce
10 cloves garlic, peeled & slightly bruised
6 thick slices ginger
2 stalks spring onions, cut to 2 cm strips
1/2 tsp sugar
1 pkt Penne Rigate
1. Heat sesame oil in wok and add garlic cloves, ginger, the white ends of the spring onions. Stir fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add chicken pieces and stir fry until the surface is no longer pink.
3. Sizzle Chinese wine and add light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, water and sugar. Stir evenly, and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the spring onions and continue simmering until the sauce is greatly reduced.
5. Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
6. Serve with 三杯鸡 over Penne.