180g cacao, finely grated
250g unsalted butter
125g golden caster sugar
50g light muscovado sugar
100g ground almonds
How to make Willie's Wonky Chocolate Factory cloud forest chocolate cake
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC. Line a 25cm spring-formed cake tin with baking paper.
2. Melt the cacao and butter by placing them, along with half the caster sugar and all of the muscovado sugar in a large heat-proof bowl. Sit the bowl over a pan of simmering water.
3. Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the remaining caster sugar until they have tripled in size.
4. When the cacao and butter has melted, add the almonds and stir to combine.
5. Gradually fold the cacao mixture into the eggs. Tip the cake mix into the prepared tin.
6. Bake for 25 minutes, then leave to cool in the tin.
7. The cake can be iced by heating 500ml double cream with 150g caster sugar. Stir in 180g grated cacao, leave to cool and spread over the cake.