I tried this recipe after watching "The Neelys" on Food Network Asia. After scribbling down the recipe, i went out, bought the ingredients and followed it through.
I'm submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #13: (November 2011) hosted by Min of Min's Blog.
You can see the rest of the entries here!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
1/4 cup coffee, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly beat in the eggs, 1 at a time.
5. Mix together the milk, coffee, and vanilla in a measuring cup.
6. Add 1/2 the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, beat to combine, then add the milk- coffee mixture and continue to beat, then add the remaining dry mixture. The mixture will look thick and airy.
7. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each cupcake liner 3/4 way full.
8. Bake about 20 minutes.
9. Remove the cupcakes from the oven to a wire rack and let cool.