For the Slurry
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried Italian herb mix
For the Meatballs
300gms ground beef
200gms minced pork
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 yellow onions chopped100gms sliced button mushrooms
For the Sauce
2 tbs olive oil
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
120ml dry white wine
2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
1-2 tbs caster sugar
sea salt and black pepper
1. Mix the Slurry ingredients together
2. Mix the Meatballs ingredients together
3. Combine the both together
4. Shape them into 2 cm diameter balls and place on baking tray lined with baking paper
5. Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees c
6. Bake for 22 mins
7. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic and fry gently until lightly golden.
8. Increase the heat slightly and pour in the wine.
9. Let it bubble until reduced by half, then stir in the chopped tomatoes, water and sugar.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the tomatoes are soft, then remove the pan from the heat.
12. Mix in the cooked meatballs.
13. Garnish with some shredded mozzarella cheese
*Recipe partly reproduced from Munch Ministry