250g Minced Beef
1 Onion, minced
1 Clove garlic, minced
1 Sprig Rosemary, leaves roughly chopped
4 Slices Bacon
1 Slice bread, chop to cubes soak in 3 Tbsp Milk
Pepper to taste
For the Sauce
2 tbs olive oil
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
120ml dry white wine
2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
1-2 tbs caster sugar
sea salt and black pepper
1. Cook Fusilli in salted water until al dente. Drain and drizzle in Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
2. Mix meatball ingredients together, shape to 2 cm dia balls and pan fry till brown.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic and fry gently until lightly golden.
4. Increase the heat slightly and pour in the wine.
5. Let it bubble until reduced by half, then stir in the chopped tomatoes, water and sugar.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the tomatoes are soft, then remove the pan from the heat. Leave to cool.8. Arrange fusilli in plate, drizzle over sauce and serve with meatball.