2 pieces of white fish fillets (Halibut, Sea Bass, Tilapia, Sole), cut into small square pieces
4 garlic cloves, crushed
4-5 large shallots, peeled and sliced finely
10 baby tomatoes, halved
2 bell peppers, 1 orange and 1 yellow, diced finely
20 limes, separated into about 10 limes to cook the fish and 10 limes for the ceviche marinade
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped as finely as possible
2-3 tbs sunflower oil
Salt to taste
1. Place the raw fish pieces in a glass dish and cover it with salt, crushed garlic, a tablespoon of chopped cilantro, and lime juice from about 10 limes, the fish should be completely covered by lime juice.
2. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and chill, let the fish cook itself in the lime juice for at least 4 hours.
3. Place the sliced shallots in a bowl, cover them with warm water and salt, let rest for at least 10 minutes, drain and rinse well.
4. Once the fish is “cooked” in the lime juice rinse it well, removing the garlic and cilantro.
Combine the fish with the shallots, tomatoes, bell peppers, cilantro, and lime juice from remaining 10 limes, sunflower oil and salt to taste in a large bowl, mix well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
5. Serve with a bed of green lettuce salad