2 large slices of stingray, chop to pieces
10 lady’s finger
1 Brinjal, chop to pieces
1 stalk lemon grass
2 tbsp thick tamarind juice
1 cup coconut milk
Salt and sugar to taste
Curry Spice to pound into paste
10 cloves shallots
5 dried red chillies
5 red chillies
1 inch shrimp paste/belacan
½ a fresh turmeric
1. Wash and rinse lady’s fingers, Brinjal. Cut lady's fingers into pieces and tomatoes into quarters.
2. Smash lemon grass with the back of a knife.
3. Heat oil and fry pounded paste until fragrant.This will take about 10 to 15mins.
4. Add in 1 cup of water, tamarind juice, salt and sugar and bring to a boil.
5. Add in coconut milk.
6. Add in lemongrass, lady fingers, Brinjal and tomatoes.
7. Cook for about 5mins and finally add in the stingray.
8. Simmer until the fish is cooked through, about 5 mins.