1kg Beef Chuck Tender, cut into 2.5cm (1in) chunks
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
2 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
2 celery stalks, trimmed and roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
150ml Beef stock
2 bay leaf
1 Tbsp Tomato paste
Sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Heat oil and brown the meat in two batches, being careful not to overcrowd the pan, set aside on a plate.
2. Fry the onion, carrots and celery until the onion is soft. Return the meat for the pot, together with the garlic.
3. Pour stock and Guinness, add the bay leaf, tomato paste.
4. Simmer gently for about 2 hours till the liquid has lowered as well as the meat is tender
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste