1 fresh squid, sliced into rings
1 Shark Steak, about 250 - 300g, cut into thick slices
3 cloves of shallot *
1 clove garlic *
½ inch ginger *
5-10 dried chillies *
1 onion (sliced)
1 teaspoon of belacan
Tamarind juice (soak a teaspoon of tamarind paste in a cup of warm water)
1 tablespoons of sugar
Salt to taste
1. First blend the asterisk (*) ingredients.
2. Heat oils in a frying pan and sauté the blended ingredients until the paste separated from the oil.
3. Add belacan (prawn paste).
4. Then add in squid and shark and stir well until cook (estimate for about 5 mins).
5. Put in the slices onion until it about to soft.
6. And finally, add tamarind juice, sugar and salt to taste.
7. Simmer on low heat until the sambal thickens.